Monday, November 1, 2010

The leaves are changing their color




The leaves are changing their colors really has greater meaning than "the leaves turning colors". I looked up the other day and noticed Daylan my "oldest baby" was growing up!! I am not sure if it was his height or his new pant or shoe size or the fact his voice sounded a little deeper. Keep in mind he didn't believe me-he had to hear it from his 18 year old cousin Aaron to tell him before he believed it. It is funny how you can feel like you walked up stairs to change the laundry over and it happened. I have to say I still can get great hugs from him and the occasional kiss (just not in public- unless he really wants something). I all of a sudden have this amazing weight on my shoulders of "have I raised him correctly up to 11 to know how to act in public like a gentleman"?? I would have to say, YES. Does he and will he make mistakes. YES. But he will learn from these. I still watch him sleep at night for a few minutes before I go to bed. I spent so much time with it just being he and I (Jamie traveled and Sky wasn't born yet) that I feel like he helped me turn into the grown up I am suppose to be. He has a glorious smile that lights up a room. I love his sense of humor. Okay does he have a middle school attitude and tells not so funny jokes-YEP!! YOU BETCHA!! I do have to get on him for not hanging his towel and yada yada yada so on....but if he wasn't my kid..........I would still think he was pretty cool!! I hope at the end of each day he knows I make sure to tell him enough how much I love him and how he is the reason the sun shines brighter for me each day!! Daylan is so talented at Baseball and has a charismatic personality (minus the fact he thinks he is 30) that it often is put under the microscope for others to make an opinion or jealous remark. That is the price he has to pay for his outgoing personality and drive to succeed and be the best at whatever he puts his mind to. The funny thing is that it actually makes him work harder and motivates him more when someone challenges him or tries to hold him back. I don't know what he will be when he grows up, I hope 1st and most HAPPY, but whatever it is.....he will be the best at it.

Skylar and Daylan are 9 years apart and what is the best is that I am not sure either one of them realize this. They actually argue as though they are 11 and play as if they are 2. God had the plan of how many years they would be apart. I never understood it, but now I think I do a little bit more than before. Day and Sky bring out such great and not so great qualities in Jamie and I. At the end of the day we are a family. We may (or should I say me) not text book with nap schedules, tv in the room, the boys sleeping in our bed, cake for breakfast, so many practices and sporting activities for 1 child we need a color coded calendar and 2 grandpa's running as much as we do to get it done. However, I do know that at the end of the day , Day and Sky might think Ketchup is in food pyramid but they also know their dada and MOM love them more than anything in the whole world.

So as the leaves change colors and we look for a new home (we sold our house!!) we will try to -I'm sure-think of their needs first in a home!! With so many differences than my husband in almost everything, our boys needs coming first is always our 1st priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment